Dancer, choreographer and multi-media
artist from Germany, who lived and worked
in Mexico since 2006.
Lou has presented her choreographies,
dance-theatre and site-specific pieces,
and performances in Germany, France,
Netherlands, Belgium, India and Mexico.
Her video-dances “welke & blume” (2005)
and “Zebra Me Red” (2006) have been screened at
Short- Cut Festivals in Hamburg, Stockholm,
Glasgow, San Francisco and Xalapa (Mex.).
• PREMIO CULIACÁN DE COREOGRAFÍA 2011
• CACHO ‘E TABLA 2009
• CACHO ‘E TABLA 2010
• Festín de Contact Improvisación Buenos Aires 2012
• Performática Puebla 2007-2011
• Festival Filmarte 2010
• Dance Festival La Antigua Guatemala 2008
• Danzaextrema 2007
• Short Film Festival Puebla 2007
• Kurzfilmfestival Hamburg 2005
• Solo/Duo Improvisation Festival Berlin 2001
• Festival Electroacoustique Rennes 2001
• Somatic Movement Educator (SME), ISMETA-registered
• Advanced Rolf-Method therapist (Rolf Guild for Structural
Integration/Swiss Association for Rolfing &
Structural Integration SARSI)
• Community Performance Teacher
• Etage e.V. Berlin, Contemporary dance formation
• Yoga-Alliance Vinyasa Flow & Ashtanga Yoga Teacher
• Continuous education with Julyen Hamilton, Frey Faust,
Nita Little, Nancy Stark-Smith, David Zambrano,
Richard Freeman etc.
Lou is founder and director of the dance company Tempesdanza
who received the production scholarship PECDAV
by the Instituto Veracruzano de la Cultura twice.
Lou has been teaching Contemporary Dance Technique,
Body-Mind-Centering/ Experiential Anatomy,
Contact Improvisation, Improvisation techniques and
yoga during the last 15 years in Germany, Belgium,
India, Italy, Mexico, Argentina, Brasil and the
United States. From 2008 till 2011 she was directing
the one-year program “Performance Year” for young
professional dancers. She was a guest teacher at the
Universidad Autónoma del Estado de Hidalgo,
Universidad de las Américas Puebla, and Universidad
MA in Transdisciplinary Studies at
the arts school ZHdK Zürich.
Currently she is co-teaching with Mark Taylor for the
School for Body-Mind-Movement in the training programs
in Brasil (Sao Paulo, Recife, Rio de Janeiro),
Instituto Nacional de Bellas Artes in Mexico City, and Pittsburgh.